Marketing takes many forms, but one of the most direct marketing tools you can find is telemarketing. Customer relationship management companies might think telemarketing misses the target, mostly because of their methodology when it comes to B2B telemarketing and all the different strategies that come to the table. It doesnt have to be that confusing; all you need to do is follow the steps.
1. Make the Call Regardless of what automated or manual system youre using, all you have to make sure of in this first step is that youve got the right contact information in front of you. You dont want to waste your time and money or risk your reputation by connecting to the wrong person. Keep it professional and get your contact information nailed down before you start the calling process.
This person youre connecting with should also have the authority to make the call on whether or not the company invests in what youre offering. If they dont hold the purse or at least have power over the purse, youve got the wrong person on the line.
2. Say the Right Words You only have a few seconds to create a positive impression on your B2B lead. Within those few seconds, the person youve got on the line will either listen intently or start thinking of ways to get off the phone with you. While your script might be finely tuned, you also have to be willing to listen and take cues.
3. Qualify Your Leads This is often done before the call is even made. Essentially, youre going to want to make sure your potential lead is capable of being interested in your product/service and making a deal with you. If so, you can have your sales reps begin the nurturing process, which hopefully will kick-start the sales cycle and end with a sale.
4. Listen to the Prospect and Fill a Void Part of being a good steward of the customer relationship management process is listening to what the needs of your target audience are now and what they will be in the near future. If they are facing a problem, you should be looking for a way to reach out and solve it for them. For them to buy what youre selling, you have to make sure they need it.
5. To Outsource or Keep it In-House? Getting together with a professional telemarketing firm offers an excellent return on your investment. Most in-house attempts at telemarketing run into many roadblocks, not the least of which is scalability. Do your research and bring in the professionals to guide you through the customer relationship management process that every good marketer should have.
Blue Valley Telemarketing is a full-service firm capable of guiding you through successful campaigns. Weve developed processes that have been proven to reduce acquisition costs while increasing subscription conversion and generating actionable leads. Call us today and see learn how our solutions can give your company a boost.
Last Updated on April 5, 2022 by Ronen Ben-Dror