Last Updated on April 5, 2022 by Ronen Ben-Dror
Good content marketing can do a lot of things, like develop your reputation as an expert in your industry or remind your current buyers of how great your service is. It can offer a solution to a common but challenging problem or offer a new way of looking at your company. What it must do in any of these instances, however, is tell your brand story in a consistent way
Your success in building brand awareness in a B2B environment through content and establishing yourself as an authority in your industry depends on your content marketing strategy.
You know that content marketing includes items like blogs, white papers, videos and infographics, but be sure not to overlook other very reliable ways to build your brand awareness. Traditional forms of marketing, like print ads, radio advertising and telemarketing can be important parts of your content marketing campaign, so dont leave them behind for an out-of-balance digital plan.
Telemarketing, in particular, is uniquely beneficial to the execution of your content marketing strategies. There are certain needs that, despite all its capabilities, social media and other digital methods simply cant meet. This article will discuss a set of emerging statistics about content marketing from the article, 8 Statistics That Prove Content Marketing Is The Best Marketing, by Julia McCoy on Search Engine Journal. It will conclude with some ways that you can improve your content marketing strategy with telemarketing.
Take a look at some statistics that demonstrate why content marketing strategies must be at the center of your growth plan:
- Most marketers create at least one piece of content daily. If youre wondering how much content is enough, the answer is more. Sixty percent of marketers report that their content calendar requires a minimum of one piece per day. What this means is that you must plan ahead, have a lot of topics streaming through a funnel to your content team and posting on your blog, social media platforms and website.
- Content marketing is budget-friendly when compared to other kinds of marketing. If youre used to the costs that come with television or print advertising, you appreciate the difference in cost between content marketing and traditional forms. What content marketing will cost you is some time set aside to create. Whether your brands personality is clever, dependable or technical, youll need a lot of brainstorming and time to hit on the right message to grab the attention of your audience.
- You need to repurpose your content. Part of the work in creating and posting at least one content piece per day comes more easily when you repurpose your best content. Among 600 marketers, 82 percent reported having a process in place for repurposing content. If you have a blog on a trending topic that is popular, use the topic again in a video, infographic or social media post.
- Youve got to stand out from the crowd. The online world is crowded with companies trying to catch the attention of their target audience in B2B marketing. What are you doing to stand out? What makes you unique?
- Your connection with your audience needs to be meaningful. Sure, you can pull off a stunt that grabs the attention of your audience, but what are you doing to keep them coming back? Sixty-five percent of marketers say that lead generation is their top challenge for their team. Its not enough to put content out there; it has to generate some leads and ultimately, sales.
If youre a B2B marketer, these statistics may be no surprise to you. You know the importance of strong content marketing strategies, but maybe you arent sure how to turn the concept into lead generation for your company.
Telemarketing is a great way to bridge the gap between great content marketing and converting your audience into qualified leads. There are several ways that telemarketing offers your content marketing an edge and fills in some of the gaps that social media leaves:
Telemarketing helps you develop topics for content. You dont need to talk to a set of potential buyers for very long to start to detect patterns in the conversations. There are going to be themes related to the challenges of a particular role or industry, and youll quickly hit on some ideas for developing content that is relevant and helpful to your audience.
Telemarketing helps you identify the formats and topics that your audience wants to see in your content marketing. In a simple conversation, you can find out whether your potential buyer likes video or images over a long blog, or if they really like digging in deep with a topic in a white paper. You can also hear thoughts that tip you off about which content to repurpose, like if you hear several potential buyers mention how much they loved your video with the puppy chasing bubbles.
Telemarketing helps eliminate some of the heavy lifting when it comes to brainstorming for fresh content topics. In your conversation with a potential buyer, its easy to ask them about the topics they would like to see covered on content pieces. Is there a trend they see emerging or a new problem that seems to be occurring more lately? Youll get on the early edge of a topic and produce content that is fresh and demonstrates that youre at the forefront of your industry.
Telemarketing helps you stand out from the crowd. Simply by talking one-on-one with a potential buyer, youre doing something to stand out. Many companies are investing too heavily in social media and forgetting that it has two major drawbacks: its passive and its one-directional. Inviting a personal connection through conversation has become, in the current B2B market, a revolutionary idea. Be different by having a conversation.
Adding in a conversation in a marketing world that has become personalized while becoming more impersonal gives depth to your marketing efforts and helps you look different than your competitors. Youre not simply delivering a message, but listening to your audience members, too.
Use a telemarketing conversation to listen to your potential buyer. Ask them if they have any reservations about doing business with you or if there are any obstacles that prevent them from making a decision at this time. These are conversations that arent likely to happen on social media, and they can make all the difference in giving you a competitive edge.
Telemarketing is your best lead generation tool. Youre producing great content, but maybe its not serving to convert any of your audience into leads, and then sales. Telemarketing helps you refine your contact list, answer the reservations or concerns of your audience and invite them to check out your content.
A lead isnt simply a contact name; a lead is someone thats ready to have a conversation with a salesperson about doing business with you. What creates a lead is a personal connection, cultivated with trust and loyalty that comes with a conversation.
Talk with your target audience members and help them move on to the next step of the engagement process by answering questions and concerns and listening to where they are in the process of making a decision. When theyve reached the point of being ready to talk to a sales rep, it will be a natural transition from your phone conversations.
Theres a lot at stake when you develop content marketing strategies to grow your business. Dont go it alone. Talk with the experts at Blue Valley Telemarketing to find out how you can include telemarketing to eliminate some of the mystery of content marketing and effectively increase lead generation.